If you think sentientism is important and would like to help raise awareness of the idea – here are some suggestions of things you can do to help.
I’ve started with a focus on Twitter and plan to add more for other fora.
- Sign up to Twitter https://twitter.com/ if you’re not on it. It’s a great place for public conversation once you’ve learned how to deal with the noise
- Add #sentientist to your bio if the term feels like it fits + follow back others who use it
- Follow our @Sentientism account https://twitter.com/sentientism
- Subscribe to our list of Sentientists https://twitter.com/sentientism/lists/sentientists/members
- Follow other sentientists from the @Sentientists list (e.g. https://twitter.com/JamieWoodhouse).
- Add mobile alerts to some of these accounts so you see when they tweet (triple dot menu, then turn on mobile notifications)
- Like and re-tweet posts about sentientism (look for the #sentientism hash tag)
- Post your own thoughts about sentientism – tweets, blogs, articles, links to our Sub-Reddit, Facebook group, Wikipedia page, Instagram…
- Connect with philosophers / academics / VIPs / celebs / activists you follow and talk to them about sentientism to see if they’ll help spread the word
- Let me know your Twitter handle if you’d like to be added to our sentientists list on Twitter.