New York Times bestselling (4 times!) author and journalist AJ Jacobs experiments on himself to help us all learn.
AJ: “I love the idea of Sentientism”
– Sentientist themes in AJ’s personal experimentation writing projects: Living biblically, connecting everyone, thanking everyone, never lying, learning everything!
– The “belonging, belief and behaviour” of religion – including secular Judaism and hanging out at the Scientology centre.
– Effective altruism and longtermism.
– Moral realism, relativism and why the Taliban’s ethics just aren’t good.
– Preferring shallow beliefs to deeply held beliefs.
– The ethics of human and non-human animal, robot and far future ethics.
– Expanding our moral circle through recognising our connectedness and/or through seeing climate change as a common enemy.
– Presenting positive opportunities to do good vs. using guilt.
– What a Sentientist utopia might look like and whether we should even specify one.
– Can Sentientism help address today’s dogmatic polarisation?
Subscribe to the Sentientism YouTube channel for more conversations.